Meet your new favorite bread: avocado loaf bread! It’s easy to make in a bread machine and makes the ultimate avocado toast! Or BLTs, butter and bread, bread and jam …
This bread recipe is simple and delicious, replacing the oil in most bread recipes with fresh, mashed avocado. It also uses the dough program on your bread machine to make this homemade bread simpler to make!
Love avocado toast? This avocado bread machine recipe makes the ULTIMATE double duty avocado toast when you top it with sliced avocados or, my favorite, mashed avocados with some tomatoes and a little seasoning added.
- 1/2 cup mashed avocado (at room temperature)
- 1/8 cup honey (or molasses if vegan)
- 1 cup warm water
- 1 Tbsp dry active yeast
- 1/2 Tbsp sea salt
- 3 1/2 cups unbleached white bread flour
- Mix the wet ingredients in the bread machine; let sit 5-10 minutes
- Add flour and salt
- Push start on the DOUGH program on your bread machine
- When finished, pull dough out of machine and place in an oiled bowl; cover with cloth and let rise in a warm place until it has doubled in bulk.
- Punch down the dough.
- Shape into an oblong loaf and place in an oiled loaf pan.
- Cover with cloth and let rise until doubled in bulk.
- Place in oven and bake at 350 degrees F for 40-45 minutes, depending on your oven (mine bakes things faster than most; takes 40 minutes in mine).
- Slice and enjoy!